Thursday 8 January 2009

whew!

Email from Mark forgiving me for sabotaging his hob on Monday. Relief. Only, he says, because it eventually fixed itself with the help of leaving the oven on all day to ?soften the grunge holding the automatic ignition on? It was supposed to be a no-risk escapade, he was at the pub, I had heavy-duty no-work cleaning stuff that mostly needed only to be wiped off again and it’s just my luck to have a simple Mrs Mop thing go horribly wrong.

More on the muppet front includes finding what I think are the garage keys on my housekeys which means it’s all my own fault I didn’t get the bed ferried to the dump when Gordon was here, at least I’ve found the keys for one of them, vague memory of an unidentified key in the hall which may have been the other garage key delivered by Martin which I assumed was one of the many unidentified keys the children play with.

Perking up muchly on reading a request from Mark for directions to mine from Reading/Luton on 17th – have been thinking I should get him to come here for a change.

Bill is on his way down from Brum as I write, expected about 11:30, not sure what he’s planning to collect or if he’s on his way somewhere else but will be glad to see him anyway. Just hope I can catch up with him and the bid stuff with enough time to get to Putney tonight and market my do on Feb 7th as well as catch up with some more of my scene acquaintance.

1100 need to do some WORK! it’s due today by my schedule so I can get some feedback on accuracy of direction and content.

Alongside, I need to

-Get online tax thing sorted out
-Get Woolwich account back to my address
-Bin as much trash as I can to clear some space in the house
-Design/print flyers for Feb 7th
-Decide what I want in my kitchen

Oops: Gordon was talking about coming down on 17th, Mark is talking about coming over on 17th, I want both, but separately!

1620 Bill has been and gone, collected his small wardrobe, sorry - suitcase, so I have acquired an additional 6 cubic feet of space in the mess of the front bedroom. One step at a time I guess, I’m still tempted by the skip idea and still have Rachel’s “just bin it” playing it’s siren song in my hindbrain.

1746 have discovered my understanding of the bid questions has been mostly bloody wrong: the questions are better answered by a different business area but my 'betters' have obviously misread it as I did, and therefore encouraged the blinkers I’ve been wearing. BAH! Means I have next to no time to collate information and apply it to those questions even though I’m aware I’m not in the best place to know what’s available to use as boilerplate or our-standards normal.

Very glad that S hasn't written me off altogether - I'll let that little contretemps drift into oblivion.

2300 or near enough. Finished the other book Mark loaned me, rocking stuff! + had a bit of a chat on the phone. It's been really odd these last couple of days, not having anyone around to tell or share things with; I did find time to talk some with Bill but was on a Scottish Presbyterian work ethic jag about work so it wasn't a long chat. Feeling so TIRED! will put that down to mental exercise working on something new; twelve hours sleep on Tuesday night was labelled as resetting the bodyclock and going to bed at 10 last night only meant I was awake at 4:30, insomniac but not properly awake for ages then didn't want to get up this morning. BAH!

2009 is getting itself into swing already, dates and arrangements hurrying up over the horizon so that it's almost August already.

No comments:

Post a Comment