Thursday 4 September 2008

the Old Contemptibles

I've waved bye bye to my hangover with some of the fabulous coffee the Hyatt brought at 6:45am, which I've only just finished: and am off to the office ermmm shortly...

Mark enjoyed his conversation with me & Em at whatever o'clock it was we decided to get some room service food and another half-bottle of wine : I had the smoked salmon and scrambled egg, she had the cheeseboard, and this morning I discover that I actually left some wine in the glass ... *amazement* The memory of that conversation is a bit hazy but he claimed to be drunk too so that made three of us who shouldn't remember it too well beyond a lot of giggling and laughing.

The room service waiter is going to be even more confused next week when it's my mother sharing my room and not a teensy pink-haired twenty-something. He developed a huge grin when he zipped a glance to check out what size and sex the second cup was for.

"The Old Contemptibles" is a lovely pub, all high ceilings and big old windows: shame I didn't get there earlier (didn't leave the office till 9:45!) but it was great to be in a large group where not many people knew me so I was able to have a long chat with those I do know and one or two new people I will remember now. I was stressed to hell when I got there and would recommend Gary for a proper relaxing hug : my shoulders dropped about 3 inches after that one - cheers! And large glasses of wine at about 3.50 meant I was enunciating very carefully by the end of the evening

time to go to the office : ho hum .....

should I be concerned that hangovers are a rarity for me? This one doesn't count, it's already gone

No comments:

Post a Comment