Monday 14 December 2009

working from home

today that involved forgetting to set the phone alarm properly and waking pleasantly at 9:30 Snoopy2 may or may not work; so far I can't get the wireless thingie to switch on, even if I did get the helpdesk to unlock the razz security number generator.

The weekend turned into a major tour of the country: London to home to Leicester on Friday; Leicester to Milton Keynes to home (to visit the other Jean, who was delighted to see me after mmmmmmffff years, me bad) to Chelmsford on Saturday; Chelmsford to Harlow to home on Sunday. Being possessed of a total lack of any sense of direction, I got lost getting to Chelmsford (which isn't fair since I've been there several times) found the TA centre before I found the hotel, knew the hotel is less than a mile away and got directions by phone from someone at the TA centre.

All good, but they directed me to the 'other' Premier Inn. Cost me an extra £3 for the room and doubled taxi fares but I'd had enough driving by then.

Still, fancy dress, cheap booze, jumping disco (mostly the records, unfortunately), good friends, and I was actually DANCING! Hurrah for knees in recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment