Tuesday 22 December 2009

weather

The presenter on the telly is saying we have 'lost' the threat of snow for today, as if that's a bad thing.

I'm wondering if I'll manage to get the car door open when I get back to the station tonight, and how long it might take to get the windows defrosted enough to dare to drive home. All of three miles. I passed on going to see Nine last night; it was freezing and unpleasantly slushy and slippery underfoot so I watched Victoria Wood on telly instead

Yesterday was my first day using the new desk in the penthouse garret with the great and the good, I'm sure there are career points in this somewhere but mostly it only added more distraction to a day that dissipated in meetings instead productivity. Watching the politics at first hand. mmmmm

My son would be proud of me for being nice to a Big Issue seller; the chap appears to be 'new' to the job, angry and upset that people simply ignore him when he's trying to do something for himself instead of sitting on a blanket and just begging. I can see his point. I'm not sure why my son has a soapbox about these guys (and they're almost ALL male) but I do know he's right.

rambling - time for breakfast in the hotel and back to the garret to suffer another day on planet project

No comments:

Post a Comment