Friday 11 December 2009

Feastive

The season is almost on us, Christmas parties, all those opportunities to eat, drink, spend too much and be swept along with the festive flow.

Two parties this week, Ladies on Wednesday which was great fun; I managed to get and wrap the presents, find and write the cards, except for Donna - sorreee! as I didn't know she was going to be there. P sent me a phonepic of my name in lights which served as a bit of a landmark to let me know I was close.

Looking at a streetmap outside the station got me an admirer; weird! No, I wasn't lost. No, I didn't need any help. No, he didn't know where Eldon Street was. No, I didn't want him to walk with me till I found it. No, I didn't fancy having a drink with him first, or taking his number in case I didn't find my friends. If he followed me, I didn't notice.

Gatecrashed an invite to the dark side of the company last night at The Funny Side and almost all of it WAS funny. I'm trying hard to remember some of the jokes to claim as my own. Taking snoopy back to the hotel before getting to the place meant I missed the food, which was a shame as it did look appetising, and did another buy my own drink before finding out what the magic word was for the bar tab - oh, well.

WALKED back to the hotel again; this is getting to be a habit; there's a positive spiral going on with the leg, the better it gets, the more I can walk easily and do stairs, which makes it get better. I don't mean the spiral walnut jobs, I don't have a wooden leg yet.

Holiday today; time to read the paper over breakfast, and off shortly to get on the next hamsterwheel. WHY did I promise to go to Leicester today? the logistics of getting from there to P's or to Colchester tomorrow for a TA fancy dress party in tine and on time tomorrow is ermmmmm feeling like a bit of a challenge right now.

Verking from home on Monday so I csn take my favourite blonde out for his birthday after school, and then getting back to the hotel so I can go to the 9am start (what!) all day meeting on Tuesday. It's next week already, and another company do, the mothership black tie one at The DaliUniverse. I went there years ago with a friend and her neice, they were finished their tea and buns by the time I emerged, wishing I'd been on my own to have stayed longer. Wondering a little at the quote that, to be a Dali fan, you have to be a masochist

No comments:

Post a Comment