Monday 2 February 2009

should I go or should I stay?

Trying to get some sensible information from the net about how to get to Hatton Garden for the training course I'm booked on today till Wednesday: if the BBC has it right, there are no buses running and only the Victoria line is running properly.

I'd love to have an extra day with my sister, but if other people can get there so should I. BAH!

Rammy was great even if I did surpass myself on not being ready on time. Much champagne was drunk, and it took most of yesterday for my hangover to dissipate.

Should have stayed home! I spent three hours playing with the trains this morning, three escape attempts to London, three phone calls each to two of my colleagues who were meant to be on the same course as I was; one of whom is now stuck in London and can't get home, and they cancelled the course at 10am quoting 'low fill', despite the fact that they had given all of us the wrong address!!!!! So, I have managed to cancel my hotel for tonight, just before the expiry time at midday, and have to wait till tonight to find out if they are going to run a condensed course for the next two days or cancel it altogether.

AND; due to the vagaries of airports and the difficulties of getting my sister to Luton tomorrow night, she's going back to Aberdeen with my brother and his wife today so now we need to work out a weekend she can come back down on the sleazyjet cheap fares before July and change the date on her ticket for tomorrow. *glum*

The kitchen novation is continuing, I'll post more of the pics later, and my brother has promised to make sure the hob works before he leaves today. The cooking appliances are currently involved in a metal version of the hokey-cokey but I have faith they will settle down soon

No comments:

Post a Comment