Wednesday 18 February 2009

Vinegar

Music is good, I haven't been listening to enough of it lately but restocked the CD player tonight to listen to Vinegar Joe at wall-rattling volume, now moved on to the Everly brothers and considering getting stuff ready for another early morning tour first thing tomorrow.

I hate going places for the first time, I almost always get lost, and arrive in a fret which spoils whatever it is I am meant to be doing when I get there. Wish me luck, mutimap directions are get to the M3, drive 14 miles, arrive at your destination. wtf kind of directions are those? My boss was there yesterday and tells me his lift told him it's "easier from the motorway", hmmmppphhhhh

Blair has been on the phone, all cool and casual about setting off for New Zealand for a month; wish I'd done something as exciting when I was 21!

Catch-up, garage has collected the broken Mazda, the hire people have graciously declared they'll get off my back now and follow it up themselves; undoubtedly it will be written off as an uneconomical repair. Replacing the headlight on an ancient wagon would be uneconomical for any proper lot who prefer dealing with company lease cars which have never had to suffer an MOT or replace a tyre.

Kitchen stuff is slowly moving back into the cupboards from various bags and boxes strewn around the house, it's weird how my mind pictures the kitchen the way it was so I know where things are, except they're not. Another 2 cubic feet of clothes were evicted and sent over to Rachel's fill-a-classroom PTA project, mysteriously there still isn't any room in the wardrobes, or drawers, and not much on the furniture or the floor either.

Work schedule for the next week looks just as evil as the last couple of weeks (Fleet tomorrow, possibly London -again- on Friday, Telford Monday, Southend Tuesday, anybody's guess for the rest of the week!) Light at the end of the tunnel is that I should be done with this project in a couple of weeks and hopefully get one that lasts longer and doesn't jink about as much.

The calendar is full of arrangements but I managed to book the London Hyatt for a couple of nights at the end of the month AND to remember I have Marriott points too which I will use for an early March birthday instead of paying for a Travel Lodge or having to stay sober so I can drive.

Right, that's it: totally boring, nothing exciting or amusing, I must be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment