Saturday 29 November 2008

Through the lost window

Still looking for the Windows CD to reinstall XP on the SATA drive, which took a time to find, the SATA power lead, which took a longer time to find, and still using my son’s PC with my dodgy hard drive, which seem to be behaving quite well at the moment. Hope that’s not famous last words!

The search for the CD (I can picture it, it’s in a long paper envelope affair and I think I last saw it when I was trying, unsuccessfully, to fix Burton’s PC) has led me to doing some LONG overdue further sorting out of the drifts of pointless paper which blizzard my overstuffed house. I’ve thrown out about a foot of useless pages/letter/leaflets I should never have kept longer than the time required to put it in the paper bin.

I got an unexpected call last Saturday from my son, asking me what I was doing that evening, and mirabile dictu! It was to ask if I would babysit while they went out together for once. The children were asleep, and I declined to wake them up to play with them despite Paul saying I should – what? I did a stocktake to make sure both were in their beds at the start of the shift, just in case they’d already been kidnapped, but they were both there, Lily still looking like a little pink comma in her cot, and Alex asleep in the same position his father maybe still uses - looking as if he is lazing on a beach somewhere.

I am wearing a different gold bracelet now since I broke a link on the filigree Chinese one (don't want to lose it) and Paul noticed it when they got back and asked where I’d got it (KL), was it real? (yes, 25g of 22ct gold ffs) a match to the ring I have swapped to wearing, and he said “is that going to go to my daughter”? Well, yes, I guess so, how many granddaughters do I *have*?

We had a really good time from when they came back till 4:30am when I left, Paul hardly ever drinks, and is quite a happy drunk. However, a bit like his father, it’s actually quite hard to tell until you realise he is being quite cute and sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment