Monday 20 October 2008

ENOUGH already!

17:30 pm offsetting the hours over the weekend against the ½ hour less than 7.5 that I’ve WORKED today.

The Test Manager Forum slot on the 29th next week came back, but I’m not on leave next week any more. I emailed Mr Boss, and copied Mr Head-of-Testing-Commnity with a request that I should be allowed to go, and got the following in response:

“if you remember, the reason you ~need to be in the office?~ is that J, P, N and A are all out. We will also be having a push to get UAT 2 into place. So I’m going to have to say no”. No “sorry, Jean, I really need you in the office”, no “regretfully”, no “perhaps you could come in on Wed morning”. Just a flat ?pissed off? No.

He managed NOT to copy Mr HoTC on his response, which is what really Teed me off.
All those extra hours, all those long days, all that Saturday morning when I’d also given up my holiday for the day before, all for jack. Not that I actually expected much, just a bit of social oil to sweeten the abuse.

I’m done for today. I’m done doing extra time for a while. Will probably be back to ludicrous hours tomorrow, but then again, perhaps not

No comments:

Post a Comment