Saturday 7 March 2009

Birthdays

Birthday week here, Cosmic Marching fourth and P doing a fifth column slide to have her celebrations today. Am home alone and actually achieving something for a change; weird stuff only I could care about like setting a thousand dried up pampas grass seeds loose in the world so I can add the new ones K sent me to the definitely different container in the living room. I'm covered in fronds of peacock feathers from dusted off and might get round to putting them all back once I've washed the car. It was getting embarrassing driving around in a filthy, dented car. Now it's only the dent that grieves me.

Made it back from Telford by 9 last night (just as well I cried off last night's bash) and did get to Sids, who told me off for bringing my own nibbles! He then fetched out three varieties of my favourite nibbly crackers (black olive variety are top) which I washed down with my share of the wine while we watched "Defiance". For a wonder, I left there relatively early, and relatively sober, probably because I managecd to ignore the offer to open another bottle of vino. The leather rucksack, one of them anyway, was sat stuffed with books and DVDs ready for the next leg of their journey between me, Sid and Mark, and as a perfect parting gift, reflecting my current phrase of the week, a new zippo as compensation for the one I lost (still grieved about that too) - it has a logo thing on it that says "good planets are hard to find" *smothered laughter* The phrase in question is "I think I'll move to another planet, everyone else seems to have one of their own".

G&B are back down, slotting additional kitchen affairs between helping Rachel (just bin it) move house this weekend and seeing Dan & Becky on the way back next weekend. I missed them! Happily my sis is coming down for Easter and I'll have some more quality time with family

~ and now I'm delayed by the chance for a short time with the short people *happy*

No comments:

Post a Comment